West Yorkshire Pool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Yorkshire Pool Players

3 posters

Yarmuff.... County???

T-Boner

Yarmuff.... County??? Empty Yarmuff.... County???

Post  T-Boner Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:43 am

Just checked the county tables and by my reckoning with last weeks results, West Yorkshire B are sat in joint 2nd position with one game left.

I understand that teams finishing 2nd qualify for Yarmouth?? With our final game away to 4th placed Cheshire and The Mancs (who we are tied with in 2nd) away to runaway leaders lancashire, we must have an excellent opportunity of qualifying for a place.

What happens re players eligible to play though if we do? As some players have now moved upto A team and others dropped down.

Fingers crossed for next month, hope the A team have a full side so they don't deplete ours Laughing
    Aloysius

Yarmuff.... County??? Empty Re: Yarmuff.... County???

Post  Aloysius Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 am

Maybe wrong but I thought it was only the winners that qualified unless it has changed since my day.
    T-Boner

Post  T-Boner Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:30 am

Aloysius wrote:Maybe wrong but I thought it was only the winners that qualified unless it has changed since my day.
    Kev Armitage said 2nd place went too on Sunday. I think the ladies went down in 2nd place last season although I maybe mistaken.
    Aloysius

Post  Aloysius Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 am

The EPA website has the following statement, you may get an invite if the defending Champions of your section are the winners in your section this year then I believe 2nd place teams are invited - again not entirely sure.

NATIONAL INTERCOUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS

This event is the culmination of our Inter County season for some counties.

The season starts in January each year and for counties in larger regions doesn't end until December. For all county squads the only thing they want to achieve for their season's work is to qualify for the National Inter County finals.

Like most of our big events it is held at Vauxhall Holiday Park, Great Yarmouth. Unfortunately, only the winners from each of the sections, plus the defending champions, are lucky enough to get an invitation to come and play.

That in effect means, all the teams at the finals, are representing both their County and Region as the finest squad that region has to offer for that year The Sections available to all county teams are Mens A, Mens B, Ladies and Youth. each of the seven regions inform the National body of who their qualifiers are in each section in January of each year, these teams are then invited to enter this event staged in March each year.

In addition to that, All the Regions track the progress of all players who play Intercounty pool in their Region. The Regions send their ranking list to the National Body who then compile the National Intercounty Rankings These rankings are compiled from the data sent from the Regions, who in turn receive the Intercounty match sheets from their member Counties.

There is a National Intercounty Ranking Points structure which means different points are available in the men's section because there is an "A" & "B" team set up.

If you are one of the lucky few that make it here as part of a team you might like to have a look at the E.P.A. dress code before you come to avoid any problems later. Remember these events are prestigious and the code is enforced.

You may view the full results for previous years tournaments in the Archive pages.

This event is, for the affiliated Counties of England "The Glittering Prize".

Win it and you are the undisputed All England Inter County Champions and your County's name is recorded for posterity in the dark vaults of the E.P.A.

shortie
    shortie

Post  shortie Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Aloysius wrote:Maybe wrong but I thought it was only the winners that qualified unless it has changed since my day.

There is now a secondary event, so the top 2 now go to Yarmouth. West Yorkshire ladies could also make it, even in third place, as Lancs ladies are reigning champs. Hope we get there! Yes, things have changed!!

Very Happy
    Aloysius

Post  Aloysius Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:13 am

Ah ha sneaky Smile

Thanks Shortie that has cleared that up.
    T-Boner

Post  T-Boner Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:57 am

shortie wrote:

There is now a secondary event, so the top 2 now go to Yarmouth. West Yorkshire ladies could also make it, even in third place, as Lancs ladies are reigning champs. Hope we get there! Yes, things have changed!!

Very Happy
    Didn't realise that either... Lets hope WY A can pull off a big win to make it a good old yorkshire day out in Yarmuff
    shortie
    shortie

Post  shortie Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:00 am

T-Boner wrote:
    shortie wrote:

Very Happy
    Didn't realise that either... Lets hope WY A can pull off a big win to make it a good old yorkshire day out in Yarmuff

If you ever need to know anything, your league does attend County meetings and minutes are sent through. If you ever need a copy T just let me know Smile
    T-Boner

Post  T-Boner Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 am

Time to sit & wait for results from else where!!

After another 23 - 21 win, away at Cheshire. We now need Lancashire too of beaten Greater Manchester in order to qualify for Yarmuff!!

Good performance from our boys yesterday, although a few too many frames went a miss. Had we taken those chances we'd of probably booked our place already.

Fingers crossed!
    shortie
    shortie

Post  shortie Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 am

T-Boner wrote:Time to sit & wait for results from else where!!

After another 23 - 21 win, away at Cheshire. We now need Lancashire too of beaten Greater Manchester in order to qualify for Yarmuff!!

Good performance from our boys yesterday, although a few too many frames went a miss. Had we taken those chances we'd of probably booked our place already.

Fingers crossed!

Would you like me to be the bearer of good news?? GMC 'B' had a nightmare yesterday and lost to Lancs, rumour has it, that West Yorks 'B' team are runners up. I will know more when sheets come in......if that's the case, very very well done Smile

Ladies will also be in Yarmouth.

Whooop
    T-Boner

Post  T-Boner Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:44 am

shortie wrote:
    Would you like me to be the bearer of good news?? GMC 'B' had a nightmare yesterday and lost to Lancs, rumour has it, that West Yorks 'B' team are runners up. I will know more when sheets come in......if that's the case, very very well done Smile

Whooop
    How reliable is your HP?

Really hope that is the case, would be a fantastic honour to represent County down at Yarmuff (If selected tongue )
    shortie
    shortie

Post  shortie Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:51 am

T-Boner wrote:
    shortie wrote:

Whooop
    How reliable is your HP?

Really hope that is the case, would be a fantastic honour to represent County down at Yarmuff (If selected tongue )

GMC 'B' team Captain reliable !!! Very Happy On the phone to him yesterday evening. xx
    T-Boner

Post  T-Boner Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 am

shortie wrote:GMC 'B' team Captain reliable !!! Very Happy On the phone to him yesterday evening. xx
    Feck It!! Thats good enough for me to count ma chickens Laughing

Best get the dates booked!! alien

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content