A forum for Yorkshire Pool Players

Blue Dolphin.

Pets

Blue Dolphin.

Post  Pets on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Good luck to all the HIPL players going to the Blue Dolphin this weekend. cheers
    Especially to the Team Halifax(I/L)players. affraid

T-Boner

Re: Blue Dolphin.

Post  T-Boner on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:29 am

Looking like a good halifax presence gonna be in attendance. Good luck to all
    shortie

Post  shortie on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah good luck, especially to my double act Mr Greene Cool

I'm on the Ladies EPA Tour travelling to Kent tomorrow!! Might test the beer down there.

Wink

TheYorkshireFat

Post  TheYorkshireFat on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Twas a great weekend Ladies and Gents and a big congratulations to the Boner for a great performance in the main event.

Roll on the next one. Very Happy
    Pets

Post  Pets on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Yep, well done T-Boner, last 16 great result mate. cheers
    No Dont know any other results.

TheYorkshireFat

Post  TheYorkshireFat on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 am

Pets wrote:Yep, well done T-Boner, last 16 great result mate. cheers
    No Dont know any other results.

A quick summary although I'm not sure how accurate this is;

Tony was last 16, as you know. Me and Ian were next best at last 64. Not sure about the Bulls Head lads but no one else progressed through more than 3 rounds.

Me, Rash and Gaz hit the quaters of the 3 man and had a great chance to win the match but were narrowly squeezed out 3-2. Most of the other 3 man teams went out early.

One 5 man team of Me, Rash, Craig Cox, Tony and Gary Greenwood failed miserably against a strong all Lancashire 'A' line up in the first round and the second team of Ian, Englands best never ever (Greeney), Dave Halliday, Paul Molloy and James Ormrod qualified for the second day but were knocked out early Sunday afternoon.

No one really progressed much in the suicide on friday and most of us didn't really fancy any fliers after a long day of pool so the above is pretty much everything that happened.

T-Boner

Post  T-Boner on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:47 am

I thought Ian went out the round before you Tyf :-/. Also don't forget about the other ring o bells player who made an appearance in the last 16... Ash martin ;-)

Murgy lost in last 32 to the eventual winner ian davenport (who also knocked out halliday). Marvin from huddersfield league got to semi finals I believe knocking another yorkshire boy (mark lunn) out in quarters.

Top weekend, bit disappointed with team performances but there were some very good teams/players there this time.

Roll on next time, which after speaking to a few of b team when I got back could mean a fair few more halifaxites making co appearance. On that note maybe more coverage could be given to event in meetings etc as a fair few were interested but didn't know about it.

TheYorkshireFat

Post  TheYorkshireFat on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:00 am

T-Boner wrote:On that note maybe more coverage could be given to event in meetings etc as a fair few were interested but didn't know about it.

Your joking aren't you Boner? People bloody moan when Interleague is mentioned so how are they going to take a completely outside tournament being brought up! Laughing

That said though, I had a great time and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone fancying a weekend of pool (and the odd alcoholic beverage).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:04 am